Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Museums in Ireland/Scotland?

On 06/05/18 22:13, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 6/05/2018 11:40 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Sounds like a grand plan, Jon.Â* Don't forget to check out Hogwarts
when you get to Scotland.Â*

Game of Thrones tour, couple other sites TBD, then Scotland, where
wife's family came from.

Maybe check out some of the books on the Industrial Revolution
centering on those 2 countries to get a better idea of who did what
where, then look for history following them. Got a good library down
there?

Got a library... G It's at least a year out, plenty of time for
research.

I'd avoid London if at all humanly possible, if you're touring
England, too.Â* (Beirut is probably safer nowadays.)

Can fly direct to Edinburgh, no desire to visit London, though there
are lots of interesting sights to see.

Jon

---

London is good but I only do it in small doses, you have the benefit of
the Science Museum, the V&A and the Natural history Museum and others. I
can only do about 3 or 4 galleries in the V&A before my mind is
overwhelmed by all the beautiful objects. Maybe consider posting on
uk.rec.models.engineering for more local knowledge.