Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Pipe cutter replacement cutter wheel...

Have a 60+ yr-old pipe cutter (Craftsman) of grandfather's that is very
good but obviously no longer listed as having replacement parts for...I
broke the cutter wheel yesterday and the locals have nothing of proper
dimensions in stock.

I found a Ridgid replacement wheel a few years ago by matching OD/ID
that was thicker that a plumbing-supply had on the shelf. It was
thicker than the opening so had to grind off a little from each side to
fit; unfortunately, that also removed the Ridgid part number and I
didn't think to write it down.

Now I can't find anywhere I can find a list of specifications of OD/ID
for cutters to try to match and the above supply house is no longer in
town...

Anybody got ideas on how to do a search...the cutter is roughly 1" OD
with a 5/16" pin for ID...the Ridgid site is essentially useless for
parts it seems; all it does it run me around in circles of a parts list
for a specific cutter which doesn't show the cutter wheel; says it's on
a replacement cutters list which if go to that search result after about
twenty redirects takes you back to the same top-level product...never
did find an actual replacement cutter.

Similar for Reed or others; a whole list by part but no list by sizes to
find a cross...