Posted to uk.d-i-y
pinnerite pinnerite is offline

Default Garage door openers, manual release mechanisms...

Tufnell Park wrote:

On 06/05/2018 10:58, Jim K wrote:
How are electric garage door opener manual release mechanisms operated?

I want to fit one but I don't have a pedestrian access door in the
garage, so hoping there's a workaround for when sod
strikes?

They are usually a pull cord which disengages the electric opening
mechanism but are normally inside the garage for obvious security reasons.

But with an up-and-over door, you can damage yourself trying to tug them
open.