Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I didn't want to be a plumber..

In article ,
Steve Walker writes:
On 05/05/2018 19:14, wrote:
On Saturday, 5 May 2018 18:58:55 UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
So, first morning of the long weekend.
... Nicely sealed for 23 years so why pick today?

Because it's the first morning of the long weekend ...

Owain

As a child, I remember getting up at 4 in the morning to go on a day
trip to London. Only for my mother to turn the kitchen light on, hear
sizzling and find water dripping from the light fitting. It turned out
that a wrongly positioned nail in the bathroom floor had worked its way
into a pipe as people had walked over it. Again, why that particular day?

The day after my grandmother's partner of over 30 years died,
water came pouring through her kitchen ceiling from some plumbing
fault in the loft (don't know what it was - I wasn't around).
Everyone was rather annoyed by this happening at that moment,
except my grandmother who sat carmly though it, only to say that
exactly the same thing happened the day after her husband had
died some 40 years earlier.

--
Andrew Gabriel