Frontier

Default Heat Keeps Shutting Off

To be clear, they did replace the valve back in late-November.

That is interesting about the condensation in the line. Could it also be
the fact that we have a gas fireplace? Could the fireplace be pulling
enough supply away to "shut down" adequate supply to the furnace?

Thanks for the help.

Roger

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
Frontier wrote:

I am having trouble with keeping the heat on in our home. The heat will
come on, as normal, but the blower and heat will shut down before

reaching
the temperature at which the thermostat is set and the thermostat

continues
to flash "heat" as if it thinks the unit is still on. This normally

happens
when the outside temperature gets below about 20 F.

We called in the heating people and they determined that the valve was

shot
from doing a test that showed that little gas was getting to the

furnace.
This was right after Thanksgiving. We had a warm spell and it seemed to

be
working OK, but the last few days have been colder and it is happening
again.

SNIP

It could be because there is not adequate gas supply.
It's not uncommon for gas service lines to freeze up
in very cold weather due to condensate in the lines.
If so, this is a utility problem. In any event,
I think I would begin with a call to them; they are
often very helpful.

Jim