Posted to rec.woodworking

Default plastic hf toolboxes

On Fri, 04 May 2018 21:37:31 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

on Fri, 04 May 2018 19:43:15 -0400 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:
On Thu, 03 May 2018 19:54:56 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

on Thu, 03 May 2018 22:41:25 -0400 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:
On Thu, 03 May 2018 17:06:19 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Electric Comet on Thu, 3 May 2018
09:06:30 -0700 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 18:33:30 -0700
pyotr filipivich wrote:

One option is paint.
good idea
maybe even a uv stable clear coat would do
but even that can backfire as some plastics will not take a finish

Then don't get that model.

Or just budget for another cheap replacement down the road.

depends on the recipient and the use

better for it to last long and not need frequent replacement

Like shoes - you can buy a pair at Walmart for 17.88 and replace
them in four months. Or you can buy a better pair for $35 and replace
them in a year. (Or, buy two pair, alternate them daily, and replace
them in a year and four months)

Or, you can pay $150 and be able to actually walk for a year.

I shelled out for two pairs of Durashocks, alternated them, they
lasted years.
Then the day I needed gym shoes - walmart had them for 17.88. As
I wear them for at most two hours three times a week - they are
"lasting" a long time.

I can't
imagine a $20 pair of shoes even fitting on my dogs.

It's a "sermon illustration".

The reality is- if you buy two pair of shoes and alternate them,
they will last longer than if you buy one pair, wear them till they
'die', and then buy a second pair.

Two pair of ill-fitting shoes don't fit big feet any better than one
pair of ill-fitting shoes and two cheap pairs of shoes don't support
my feet any better than one cheap POS.

I have several pairs, actually. Every one the same size and model (in
different colors) - New Balance 928 size 12-6E in black, white (gym
only), and gray (brown soon to come). The older pairs become work
shoes. I usually pay between $125 and $150 a pair. I don't think
I've worn anything else (other than boots) in over a decade.

Sometimes, your choice is: something cheap - now, or something
more expensive later. (e.g., Harbor Freight or Snap-On)

Or buy something expensive now and be able to walk later. I _never_
scrimp on shoes. They're too important.

Yep.

Screwed up feet are forever.