Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lathes

MF_BOSS m on Sat,
05 May 2018 03:44:03 GMT typed in rec.woodworking the following:
I was running a lathe at work. I was working on a steel pipe, my job was to
cut a 30 degree bevel on one end. The whole chuck came off with the pipe still
locked in place. It hit me in the left arm,chest,throat and face. Could have
took my life. The chuck plus the pipe totaled in weight at about 150lbs.
Always be cautious running any machinery, it’s all dangerous.

As the saying goes - those safety regulations are written in
blood. Which is to say enough people tried "it", and were "lucky"
until someone got killed.

--
pyotr filipivich