Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default The saga of the Lidl inverter genset

On 03/05/2018 05:26, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 12:36:30 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

On 20/04/2018 07:22, Johnny B Good wrote:
Hi everyone,

Before I go any further, I feel I should point out from the start
that
this is a rather long post.

You've never sent a short one. Four and half thousand words about
buying a genny! Glory be!

snip lampoon

I must say that as a prospective buyer of one of the Lidl generators I
thought almost every word was actually useful.

Well, Roger, here's some more thoughts on that Parkside inverter genset
that I've since had in the past fortnight or so. Not quite a Saga this
time! :-)

I suspect the carburettor assemblies at least, all originate from the
same suppliers used by Honda (or at least patterns of the Honda spec
parts).

Almost certainly not. Having worked in a Chinese products importing roll
for 25 years and visited many Chinese factories I can assure you they
are extremely good at copying. Their copies vary enormously in quality
despite looking exactly the same externally.

Mike