Stormin Mormonn

Default Freezer power needs

Couple thoughts come to mind. First, electric motors draw more current than
their labels while they are starting up. So, the big risk is that the
freezer and the washer motors are starting up the at the same moment, and
trip the fuse.

Second thing came to mind, it's not all that dificult for an electrician to
put in a new electric socket in an unfinished basement. Probably not all
that far away from the electric circuit panel box.

--

Christopher A. Young
Jesus: The Reason for the Season

"Wade Ekstrom" wrote in message
om...
Some background ... I am not an expert with electricity, but trying to
learn as much as possible ...

.... I just recently moved into a new house and my question(s) is in
regards to appliance installation into my unfinished basement. "Lack
of power" seems to be prevalent in this case.... 15 amp fuse on
breaker, with a 115 volt outlet, labelled for wash machine. The dryer
has its own 30 amp breaker and 230 volt outlet. I have a "sump-pump"
that has its own 115 volt outlet and a 30 amp breaker nearby as well.

I just purchased a small 10 cuft freezer that in the manual is asking
for its own seperate circuit at or near 20amps (energy rated at
312kwh); is this power requirement out of line of industry norm?
Could I add this to the same outlet as .. say what I currently have my
washer on? Or should I call in an expert and have them install
another circuit for my freezer?