Joseph Meehan

Default Need to modify door bell

I suggest you replace the bell and the buttons, try to find quality
buttons. If you are really worried, I suggest fusing the low voltage
circuit. Measure the current when activated and find an proper sized slow
blow fuse device to add to the low voltage side of the supply transformer.
That should allow normal operation, but if a button sticks again (a rather
rare event in my experience) it should blow and protect the circuit.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Brent" wrote in message
The plastic around the winding and plunger in my door bell melted when
the door bell button got stuck in while I was gone. The button is 2
years old. I can get another, but it could easily happen again. It
seems like it could be a fire hazard too.

Is there any kind of mod I can do to keep the bell from melting again
if the button sticks? Something I could add that would make the bell
go ahead and complete it's 'ding-dong sequence' when the bell is
pressed, instead of waiting until the button is released before it
'dongs'?