George E. Cawthon

Default Need to modify door bell

Why look for a hard solution? The problem is the door bell
sticks! So, replace the door bell. I just replaced our
door bell with a $10 unit (door bell, 2 push buttons, and
transformer) from Lowes (the dong of ding-dong quit
working). The push buttons are very heavy duty with
virtually no possibility of sticking.

Brent wrote:

The plastic around the winding and plunger in my door bell melted when
the door bell button got stuck in while I was gone. The button is 2
years old. I can get another, but it could easily happen again. It
seems like it could be a fire hazard too.

Is there any kind of mod I can do to keep the bell from melting again
if the button sticks? Something I could add that would make the bell
go ahead and complete it's 'ding-dong sequence' when the bell is
pressed, instead of waiting until the button is released before it
'dongs'?