Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Why are motors not current limited?

In article , says...

Again, you capitalised "MEET CODE". Who gives a **** about code? It's your house, you do as you wish in it.

While it is your house now, one day it will probably be sold. Maybe not
while you are alive.

The code is to help protect the next owner of the house. How would you
like it if smeone made some modifications to the house that weakened it
and it fell in on you after you bought it, or burnt down because of
faulty electrical wiring ?

The code also helps to protect the home owner. Say you hire some worker
to do a repair or modification to your house. They do not know what
they are doing and because of their work the house has problems after
they finish and move on. I know an electrician that has a license by
the state. He is very hard headed anda wants to do things his way.
Even after the inspector tells him how to do something,he tries not to.
He then blames the inspector for being too har on him. I would not let
that electrician put a battery in a one cell flashlight.