Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Greedy parakeets in S.E.London - how to deter them.

Not particularly.
The problem is not these birds but loss of habitat for many birds. it seems
around here in the suburbs, if somebody wants a drive way, despite having a
back entrance and long gardens, down comes an established tree and then
where do all the birds go?
OK so they plant 2 little saplings to compensate, but it will be many years
before the get big enough to hold birds. We used to have pitched battles for
the tree opposite between magpies, Parakeets and crows/rooks in the past but
now of course the tree just went one day and in came a driveway.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:16:07 +0200, Martin wrote:

We have the same number even perhaps more small birds and two parakeets
that visit.

How 'tame-able' are they? I mean, obvs they'll always be wild if born in
the wild, but do they show any proclivity towards human interaction?