Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Another Custom Baby Gate In the Works

On 4/28/2018 6:15 PM, Markem wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 16:17:20 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 4/28/18 1:09 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/27/2018 3:28 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I'm building another custom baby gate to match another clients
staircase, again.Â* They are actually good friends of mine.
This one will be different as it will not be hinge mounted.Â* It will
be similar to the ones that pressure fit between two walls, accept I
have never met one of those that actually works.Â* :-)
This one will have bolt latches that will recess into holes drilled in
the walls on each side.Â* One side is 1/2" hardwood painted trim and
the other side is brick.
When the babies are all grown the holes can be filled with putty or
mortar.

Here's the progress so far...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wUBW8NLPkNUUvbdH7
I'll add pictures of the finished product mounted in place, later.

Looks great!Â* Is that an AC in your shop????

Yes! T'was a glorious day, the day I installed that little guy!
The only thing I would change would be to get a heat/air unit.

Samsung split system, just sayin.

Bob Davis, a long time observer, but does not say too much on her, has
the Samsung AC/heater in his shop. He reeeeeeeeely likes it.

I threw out the bait and he bit. LOL. Good guy! Yes he is a Festool
and SawStop convert. ;~)