Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Another Custom Baby Gate In the Works

On 4/28/18 12:06 AM, Mikhail wrote:
DerbyDad03 skrev i en meddelelse
On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 4:28:55 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
I'm building another custom baby gate to match another clients
staircase, again. They are actually good friends of mine.
This one will be different as it will not be hinge mounted. It will be
similar to the ones that pressure fit between two walls, accept I have
never met one of those that actually works. :-)
This one will have bolt latches that will recess into holes drilled in
the walls on each side. One side is 1/2" hardwood painted trim and the

other side is brick.
When the babies are all grown the holes can be filled with putty or
mortar.

Here's the progress so far...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wUBW8NLPkNUUvbdH7
I'll add pictures of the finished product mounted in place, later.

Nice workmanship. I assume you are open to comments. I hope so. ;-)

Have you considered using metal rods instead of dowels? Dowels crack
and become sharp objects.

Have you considered the usability of the 4-point attachment system? One
major advantage of a hinged gate with a latch of some sort is that they
can be operated with one hand. That 4-point system looks like it could
be a real pain when the user has a load of laundry or perhaps a temper-
tantruming 3 YO in their arms.

If it can't be opened and closed with 1 hand a dangerous situation could
occur if the user says to themselves "It won't take me long to run this
basket downstairs." Distractions occur, gates are forgotten and children
are injured.

Comrade Radcliffe is no very concern with the safety as he
sucsessfull proven on the las time he make gate for the baby.
http://i.cubeupload.com/phMKoM.jpg
Such the violations to safety into my citys result with 3
to 5 year labour in Siberian gulag.

Now that took some effort! LMAO!
That's some creative trolling, right there. :-D

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--