Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Quick Quiz - Remote diagnosis.

On 27/04/2018 10:59, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 26/04/2018 19:29, ARW wrote:

Mistake in general. Not plunging in a working known appliance into the
socket and then the extension lead instead of ****ing about with a volt
stick.

Which was the first advice I gave them, knowing that the gym would
almost certainly have a vacuum cleaner to hand, advice they seemed to
ignore in preference to going for the "high tech" solution instead.

Hey ho.
No word back yet so I'm presuming they have tried with a proper lead (or
borrowed one from the back of a computer as I also suggested) and
everything will be back to full working order.

Must say I wasn't aware that the manufacturer/installer had left them
with the bodge of Euro plugs and adapters until I saw the vid.
Something I'll make sure doesn't happen in future.

If you're the supplier, do you have some obligation to supply
satisfactory leads?