Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 13 amp plug power meter - any recommendations?

Johnny B Good wrote:

As for your assumption, Andy, regarding the power feed to your PC not
being the "sineyist of sine waves", well you're right (up to a point)

The main reason I mentioned that the kill-a-watt was monitoring between
UPS and PC was that I was quite surprised the power factor was under 60
and thought someone might query it being that low. The PC has a 550W
PSU and was more or less idling at the time, maybe not ideal for
efficiency or power factor.