Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Quick Quiz - Remote diagnosis.

On 25/04/2018 22:53, Jim K wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 25/04/2018 15:24, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Gotta love trying to diagnose problems by e-mail.
Fortunately a video came through earlier.

Fault reported - Both machines are faulty and no longer work.
After suggesting plugging a vacuum into the wall outlet and working back
from there I was informed that all points had been tested with a circuit
tester and the machines must be faulty.

Had a video through earlier showing testing.
Anyone else spot what I consider to be the cause of the problem(s)?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4hgcglz8m...A0000.mp4?dl=0

No neutral.

Is possible, but why does the voltstick not detect live in the
last black lead...

Flexes are notoriously difficult to give a signal on a volt stick is my
simple answer.

However

Mistake no 1. At the very beginning of the video the plug should have
been left in the socket and the voltstick put over the points where the
live and neutral pins are on the plug.

Mistake no 2. At 30 seconds it looks like the neutral pin of the euro
plug is showing live. Ideally the euro adaptor should have been removed
and the live "hole" at the extension lead tested (just like he did thth
the double socket at the beginning).

Mistake no 3. At 43 seconds he should again have tested the plug not the
flex.

Mistake in general. Not plunging in a working known appliance into the
socket and then the extension lead instead of ****ing about with a volt
stick.

I'll now go and read what others have posted. I deliberately did not not
read their posts yesterday.

--
Adam