Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Why are motors not current limited?

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 11:26:44 AM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:10:44 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 26/04/2018 06:07, wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:22:24 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 23:42:13 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 19:57:09 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

But you can't plug up to a 3.1kW device into any outlet you like anywhere in the house. Power tools, fan heaters, kettles, irons, two things on one adapter, there are so many things that half the power just ain't enough for. It's so much more convenient in the UK to be able to power anything in any room from any socket.

How much portable 3KW equipment do you have? It is pretty hard to find
anything you can carry around except your 2kw tea pots that is more
than 1440w. We are not in that big a hurry to drink tea ... or drink
tea at all.
I drink iced tea but I cold brew that.

2.4kW actually, and they're called kettles. How the **** do you heat hot water to make coffee, tea, or to put in a saucepan to cook food?

In a coffee maker. I cold brew tea.

And there's a 2.2kW angle grinder sat to my left. Where the **** would you plug that in in your home?

Do you have a link to where I can buy one of them? What model is it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Gri.../dp/B01MTCD0QQ

The exact model I was going to buy, but at only £55.

Then I found a Hyundai (more reliable well known make) at £45.

These things go through concrete blocks or brick like it was butter.

--
We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.

And here is the 110V version that I could plug in he

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3...7kRtQL7opE72Sg

Anything else I can help you with? Again, this is a specmanship issue.
I suspect you're 2200 watt rating is with a locked rotor or similar.
We have angle grinders, including 9" ones, out the whazoo that plug into
a 15A receptacle. There is no "problem".