Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dismantling thermostatic mixer cartridge

In article ,
Mathew Newton wrote:
Be careful about soaking anything in de-scaler if it contains plastic
bits. De-scaler can melt some plastics with time.

Might white vinegar be better? Not quite as fast on the scale, but
gentler on the plastics perhaps?

I'd love to know. The old Rover has a screen washer jet which produces a
fine fan like spray. Works beautifully when clean, but the factory
obviously hadn't heard of hard water. It just unclips easily so I have a
spare which I clean with de-scaler. But left it in that for a couple of
days and it melted. The body is PVC or similar.

--
*It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.