Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Looking for 2 part superglue

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:02:46 +0100, alan_m wrote:

On 24/04/2018 23:33, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I don't understand your point. I already said the stuff I got does what
you said. It cures only when the two parts are joined. Normal (one
part) superglue cures itself as soon as it comes out of the tube (I
assume it reacts with the air) - you have to be damn quick to join the
two bits together.

One part superglue remains liquid "out of the tube" and remains liquid
for some considerable time when not used to join items together.
Possibly what you have had in the past is a superglue with a activator
in the form of a gel rather than an activator in the form of a spray and
you have not correctly followed the instructions.

I don't follow.

When I've had single part superglue, I find it cures itself very quickly, perhaps once spread onto one surface - it reacts with the material and quickly dries before you get the other surface onto it.

When I've had two part superglue, nothing happens when I spread it onto each surface, until I press them together then it hardens.

--
Reboot - to kick a computer in such a way that it turns off and then on again.