Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quick Quiz - Remote diagnosis.

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Anyone else spot what I consider to be the cause of the problem(s)?

They appear to be using shaver adapters rather than eurosocket adapters.

https://cdn.bmstores.co.uk//images/hpcProductImage/imgFull/304472-Eveready-Shaver-and-Toothbrush-Adapter-Twin-Pack-detail1.jpg

I know a shaver plug won't go into a euro socket, but a euro plug *will*
go into a shaver socket. However the europlug has thinner pins, which
are angled inwards, so perhaps they don't engage with the shaver
socket's contacts?

His diagnosis that since the "kettle lead" has no power therefore the
exercise machine is faulty is classic. In any case, should the machine
have an earth?