Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 11:10:59 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

snip

Quite. Like my trunking end. I could even include a third outlet for
some smaller flexible conduit so that I could run a network or video
cable through if I wanted later. Making something like that without a
3D printer would be pretty difficult whereas with it's just the
drawing of 3 tubes in line with one bigger one and blending them
together. ;-)

Don't forget that 3D printed PLA isn't waterproof unless you treat it.

Whilst I was aware PLA was 'biodegradable' and made from corn starch
or some such, just how non-waterproof is it?

eg, If it was in soil 18" under the surface, would that be wet enough
to be worried about it's waterproofedness and how long do you think we
are talking about before it dissolves away?

How would I 'treat it' to make it more waterproof?

FWIW, I could use whatever I print as a former and fibreglass over the
top?

Cheers, T i m