Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Looking for 2 part superglue

On 25/04/2018 11:44, Bob Minchin wrote:
Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Bob Minchin"* wrote in message news

Bob, it's always puzzled me why it doesn't set in the tube / bottle as
they are sealed from the air

Andrew

Hi Andrew, my understanding is that there is always some air in the
bottle. You may have noticed that sometimes it does go off in the cap
thread but the adhesion to the polythene type tubes is poor and the cap
can still be removed.
Bob

Those very miniature tubes of superglue that are 10 for a £1 in pound
shops are effectively one time use only. Once opened the air/moisture
gets into the tube and a week later it's completely solid.