Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Bathroom wiring 1 last bit

On 25/04/2018 08:18, wrote:
Hi all

I am now at the final stage of sorting my bathroom out. A number of
you helped me with my wiring questions thanks -
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/uk.d-i-y/Bathroom$20wiring/uk.d-i-y/jpmoXo198GI

I have a switched fused (13a) spur in a cupboard in the bathroom
which feeds a spa bath. At the end of this feed is a IP5x junction
box under the bath feeding the motors. I am now looking to fit some
12v LED strip lights by the bath so need to feed the transformer off
this feed.

So.. a couple of questions 1. Assume I will need to fit another fused
(3a) spur for the led lights?

You may not need actually need additional fusing - it depends on what is
specified for the lights PSU.

If so, will a standard one under the
bath be ok or do I need to fit a waterproof one? Assume the bath
panel needs a tool to remove it.

That counts as "outside" of the bathroom wiring zones. So needs no
special treatment - hence just use what is appropriate for the
circumstance.

2. The bath surround itself has the
front removable. It is tightly in place with some short nails holding
it to the frame. It is possible to remove with your hands but not
easy. Would this be ok as needing a tool (thinking here is that you
are not going to be removing it whilst wet and come out of the bath
not like it is a door or simple latch to remove). I don't want to
screw it in as not easy to do it without spoiling the look. If not,
if I masticed the join between front and sides then it will need a
knife to remove it and will this be ok?

For the purposes of the wiring regs it sounds like its a "fixed" bit of
the installation - i.e. its not like a cupboard you can just open and
reach into easily. I would not worry about any additional sealing unless
you require it for other reasons.

--
Cheers,

John.