Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

"T i m" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:26:54 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

snip

Useful things I've 3D printed recently with my Cetus:

Tubular bracket for friends wardrobe rail
Adaptor from 3" electrical ducting to 110mm underground (cable network
between buildings)

Ooooh, now there's an idea. I have some drainpipe that runs from just
inside the back of the sub-floor of the house (laid under the concrete
base of the extension) to just outside the workshop. There are
currently two lengths of SWA that are threaded though the pipe and
into the workshop via a hole core drilled diagonally though the slab
and I was trying to work out a way of either continuing the drainpipe
up near the hole under the slab or just print am end cap that take a
std drainpipe fitting down the OD of two runs of SWA and just cover
the SWA as normal (and only with soil in that location). ;-)

Clips to hold the polycarbonate splash guards on my CNC Wire EDM machine
A regulator valve male taper for a milking machine washdown system for a
friend
A tray receiver to allow a Kinect sensor to perch on a monitor for 3D
scanning
A set of buttons for an infants cardigan with pictures of lambs on them

Cute. ;-)

A blanking plug 55mm diameter for my Beaver Partsmaster CNC milling
machine
complete with logo
A spray nozzle and mounting to replace one for my hydroponic pig cooling
misting system
Some spur gears
And of course the Starter Gripper

Brilliant.

it's a very useful tool - doesn't get used every day but does things that
would be difficult otherwise

Quite. Like my trunking end. I could even include a third outlet for
some smaller flexible conduit so that I could run a network or video
cable through if I wanted later. Making something like that without a
3D printer would be pretty difficult whereas with it's just the
drawing of 3 tubes in line with one bigger one and blending them
together. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Don't forget that 3D printed PLA isn't waterproof unless you treat it. ABS
can be sealed with an Acetone vapour soak.

Andrew