Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

On 23/04/2018 21:16, Andrew Mawson wrote:
I have MANY twin 6 foot fluorescent fittings in my workshop (72 I think)
and changing the starters is a pain - they don't stick out enough to
grip, and you have to reach round the tubes to get at them. Not easy 12
foot up. (yes I'd like to change them for LEDs but the capital cost is
huge)

There MUST be a tool to engage with the two dimples that they all have
on the exposed end - but I've never been able to source one commercially
- so today I printed one on my Cetus 3D printer. Oh boy why didn't I do
it years ago - SO much easier

Andrew

That's probably the first reasonable DIY use for them that I've come across.

Knock up a couple of dozen and stick them on eBay at a couple of quid a
time and see what sort of take-up you get.