Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default downstairs shower for elderly

On 22/04/2018 10:16, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 21:14:12 +0100, newshound wrote:

On 21/04/2018 20:48, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
[quoted text muted]

Amazingly, grab rails like this are the one bit of kit for the disabled
which doesn't get a silly mark-up. I fitted a couple to my horse van to
make it easier to clamber in the back.

Because they're sold for what they are - tubes with screw holes. Which is
why you pay VAT on them.

The ones I have bought have been quite nicely engineered, perhaps
because of the bad press if they gave away. But I still think they don't
attract the customary mark-up (perhaps because they are mostly sold to
savvy buyers).