Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Why are motors not current limited?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 05:07:21 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 20:14:47 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/23/2018 08:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEMA_c...ified_pins.svg

I see 25 of them. 25!!!

Most of which aren't in common use.

In residential use you only see Nema 5-15 and 5-20, with a 14-30
for the drier and 14-50 for the kitchen range.
The 5-15 and 5-20 are downward compatible

So you have 4 and we have 1. We win.

Hang on, you can connect a 15A device into a 20A receptacle, thereby having it fused incorrectly?

And what about all the 2pin and 3pin options? I thought you could have either, or is that France?

The L versions are used in industrial and some commercial use.

All the rest are specialty and industrial. By specialty I mean things
like connecting travel trailers to power at travel parks etc.

--
Artificial intelligence is always better than real stupidity.