Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Looking for 2 part superglue

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 18:21:40 +0100, alan_m wrote:

On 24/04/2018 16:59, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I'm trying to buy 2 part superglue and it's very hard to find. What
keywords should I use? The only result I got on Ebay (by chance) was
some "AB glue" from China. I seem to have better results with this than
normal superglue. It doesn't set until you put the two objects together
for example.

Google "superglue with activator"

I tried that, but I was finding normal superglue plus a spray to make it set faster. Superglue doesn't need setting faster, it needs setting slower. The 2 part stuff I currently have behaves like Araldite (epoxy), it only sets once the two chemicals are mixed. So you can smear one tube onto one part, the other tube onto the 2nd part, then press them together 30 seconds later once you're ready. With normal superglue you find by that time the stuff's already hardened.

This is what I have: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302632886396
(select "AB glue" from the list)
This is the only one I can find on Ebay like this, which is from China and takes a while to get here. It's two tubes of glue, not a glue and a spray.

--
I just took a leaflet out of my mailbox, informing me that I can have sex at 75.
I'm so happy, because I live at number 71.