Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

On 24/04/2018 13:35, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm Wrote in message:
On 24/04/2018 08:59, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:11:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 00:47:44 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/04/2018 22:52, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"T i m" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 22:10:53 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

snip

Did you design this tool yourself Andrew? A thin walled tube with a
couple of lugs up inside a bit to give you some turning purchase?

I drew it up in Fusion 360 and printed it on my Cetus 3D printer -
it's a
simple tube with two ridges on the inside. The dimples are only 2mm
wide so
difficult to do with wood and screws, but dead easy with a 3D printer

Do you use a .stl output file and would you be willing to share it OOI
Andrew?

suppose without the 3D printer I could have milled one out, but not
an easy
operation.

Quite. It's not one of those things you would buy (or build g) a 3D
printer for but once you have one it sounds like a good use. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Happy to share the .STL - de-munge my address and email me and I'll
forward it to you

Perhaps we should host some of that kind of stuff on the wiki?

not a bad idea

+1

Definitely a modern take on the d-i-y and helping each other theme.
;-)

I will need to tweak the allowable file types for upload - since
mediawiki by default only allows a limited list of file types.

What are the typical file extensions?

(or perhaps its easier to simply allow .zip and assume anything will be
zipped first)

A bad idea surely? Zipped files are used to conceal all sorts of
nefarious things.

On an open wiki sure... ours is writeable by account holders only which
limits the damage somewhat.

--
Cheers,

John.