Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:49:20 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

I will need to tweak the allowable file types for upload - since
mediawiki by default only allows a limited list of file types.

What are the typical file extensions?

I'd say .stl is a fairly common output file format if people wanted to
submit finished things for others to print (or possibly convert and
print) but I've only really experienced my own printer and Sketchup
etc.

(or perhaps its easier to simply allow .zip and assume anything will be
zipped first)

Lots of stuff for 3D printing seems to come zipped (Thingiverse etc)
as many 3D printed jobs are made of several parts and may also include
notes and the source / design files.

Cheers, T i m