Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

Probably cos 3D printing was not available cost effectively?
On the other hand, if you used solid state starters they hardly ever die
unless something really bad happens to the mains supply or fitting!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message
news
I have MANY twin 6 foot fluorescent fittings in my workshop (72 I think)
and changing the starters is a pain - they don't stick out enough to grip,
and you have to reach round the tubes to get at them. Not easy 12 foot up.
(yes I'd like to change them for LEDs but the capital cost is huge)

There MUST be a tool to engage with the two dimples that they all have on
the exposed end - but I've never been able to source one commercially - so
today I printed one on my Cetus 3D printer. Oh boy why didn't I do it
years ago - SO much easier

Andrew