Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Timber shaping

wrote:

On Monday, 23 April 2018 13:45:02 UTC+1, Chris J Dixon wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

2" and a jigsaw aren't a good combination IMLE.

That was what I thought.

You've been very secretive about what saws or other cutting kit you do have.

Right now, in terms of cutting a curve, a coping saw is about the
only tool that could do it, but I see that as impractical for
repetitive shapes in 50 mm softwood.

I have no jigsaw, router or bandsaw. The circular saw is
effectively irrelevant. I have no drum sander.

The pillar drill (which I have) was my thought in connection with
a suitable holesaw (which I don't have), but was seeking advice
from anyone who may have already tried it.

OK, if your tools are a secret we can't help.

Clearly you can't although others have been able to.

In addition to what I have already mentioned, I have tenon, rip,
hack, pad and tree saws; drills both hand and electric, chisels,
grinding wheels, sanders, Surform, planes, multitool, Dremel...

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.