Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 00:47:44 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/04/2018 22:52, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"T i m" wrote in message
news

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 22:10:53 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

snip

Did you design this tool yourself Andrew? A thin walled tube with a
couple of lugs up inside a bit to give you some turning purchase?

I drew it up in Fusion 360 and printed it on my Cetus 3D printer -
it's a
simple tube with two ridges on the inside. The dimples are only 2mm
wide so
difficult to do with wood and screws, but dead easy with a 3D printer

Do you use a .stl output file and would you be willing to share it OOI
Andrew?

suppose without the 3D printer I could have milled one out, but not
an easy
operation.

Quite. It's not one of those things you would buy (or build g) a 3D
printer for but once you have one it sounds like a good use. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Happy to share the .STL - de-munge my address and email me and I'll
forward it to you

Perhaps we should host some of that kind of stuff on the wiki?

not a bad idea

NT