Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

On Monday, 23 April 2018 21:16:27 UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:
I have MANY twin 6 foot fluorescent fittings in my workshop (72 I think) and
changing the starters is a pain - they don't stick out enough to grip, and
you have to reach round the tubes to get at them. Not easy 12 foot up. (yes
I'd like to change them for LEDs but the capital cost is huge)

There MUST be a tool to engage with the two dimples that they all have on
the exposed end - but I've never been able to source one commercially - so
today I printed one on my Cetus 3D printer. Oh boy why didn't I do it years
ago - SO much easier

Andrew

I'd have used a scrap of wood & 2 bolts.

NT