Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default BIG mower

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 15:07:59 +0100, slate_leeper wrote:

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 15:29:53 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 15:09:30 +0100, Dove Tail wrote:

On 4/22/2018 at 6:04:54 AM, slate_leeper wrote:

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:19:28 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

I want this.
The Americans will probably already have one for their "yard".
https://www.brielmaier.com/en

Check this one out:
http://kutkwick.com/superslopemaster.htm

Normally sold to state and local governments for maintaining sloping
roadside areas.

I bought one of these for my 200 acre farm so I could mow the areas
that the hay crew refused to touch because they were so steep.
Advertised as safe to 45 degrees, but I had it to 55 degrees. In fact,
I am convinced it is impossible to roll it, unless you drop it off the
edge of a cliff. Real fun, too.

What did that cost you? I guess about $20k?

More than a small car?!?

Mine cost $46,000 delivered to my farm in Tennessee and including one
day of demo and hands-on instruction. That was in 2006. Sold the farm
last year and sold the machine to another farmer in Alabama for $15K.
Of course the depreciation tax deductions for the first eight years
were very helpful. Most helpful was maintaining the value of cleared
land versus the value of overgrown and wooded land. That paid off when
I sold the farm.

The new owner of the place declined purchasing the machine. I think he
will regret that eventually.

Why are they so expensive? Think how much car you could buy for $46,000.

--
I used to eat nothing but natural foods.
Then I found one of the leading reasons for death was natural causes, so . . .