Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default The saga of the Lidl inverter genset

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 12:36:30 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

On 20/04/2018 07:22, Johnny B Good wrote:
Hi everyone,

Before I go any further, I feel I should point out from the start
that
this is a rather long post.

You've never sent a short one. Four and half thousand words about
buying a genny! Glory be!

snip lampoon

I must say that as a prospective buyer of one of the Lidl generators I
thought almost every word was actually useful.

You know what, that saga was so long, I'm not entirely sure what the
lesson(s) was/were and whether they would be as useful as I thought.
Thank you for that unexpectedly positive comment. I do realise the risk
of the converse of the saying "Less is more." when making such long and
detailed posts like this. I think I need to improve my "Risk Assessment"
skills. :-(

As I said in my follow up to Bill's hilarious lampoon, I'm going to
restrict any more such lengthy posts to a mere two pages worth at most
should I ever be tempted to write yet another 'Saga' (at least that's my
intent).

The only (lame) excuse I can offer is sleep deprivation; I didn't finish
that post until just before 7:30am having started it sometime in the wee
small hours around two in the morning. I'm a night owl but that was more
of a 'late night' than usual even by my normal standard. :-(

--
Johnny B Good