Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Is there a law gainst this?

Well ccleaner, avg and Avast are all run by the same crowd now. The one
annoying thing is that I have unclicky on my machine and it has helped a lot
with why not install this overbloated heap of crap with ccleaner installers,
but they have craftily changed it now so you get no choice till the
installer for whatever it is loads in and by then its tentacles are in. Its
usually avast meaning you then need to get avastclean from the avast site to
get rid of the tentacles even though its actually not officially installed.
My guess is that its monitoring what you are doing maybe to help look for
viruses but the fact is for the blind avast and avg are now totally
inaccessible unless you turn of protect mode which rather defeats the point
don't you think?
The blocking routines are the first to be put in and cannot be removed by
the uninstaller, and they stop screenreaders hooking in to the code as they
brand this as malicious.#

Bloody vandals!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Amazon signed me up without my say so for 'Prime' and if I had not taken
prompt action it would have cost me £75 a year.

They nearly got me when it was first introduced. ISTR some online
discussion warning people.

A greater annoyance for us technically challenged is the proliferation of
*clickbait* found when following up a seemingly innocuous upgrade message.
CCleaner is a prime example with lots of attractive green please click
here buttons:-(

--
Tim Lamb