Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Is there a law gainst this?

Do you have an Amazon Echo or Echo dot etc? In the alexa app you will find
it is very easy to accidentally sign up for prime or music unlimited both of
which are paid services. I would only mention this as mobile users often get
caught due to the way they swipe and click and then suddenly there is an
extra option they do not notice. Once again the blind can hear the
screenreader and take steps to avoid this. About a week ago there was a box
popping up on Amazon on the way to checkout about insurance. a totally
unneeded thing and it needed to be dismissed carefully as there was a paid
opt in checkbox on it. I see that has gone now, maybe somebody complained.
No the marketers are always trying to con you, but they would call it
something else of course.. grin.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim K" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 22/04/18 09:49, Nightjar wrote:
Amazon signed me up without my say so for 'Prime' and if I had not
taken prompt action it would have cost me £75 a year.

SFAIK, it is illegal for you to be enrolled in a paying service without
your consent. However, if you have, at any time, accepted a trial of
Prime, you have agreed to it being automatically renewed when the trial
period ends. Given the way they present the options, it is not difficult
accidentally to chose to trial Prime when navigating to the checkout.

Except that having been caught that way once, I am uber careful.

So sue them.
Something constructive to do...
--
Jim K