Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimbo ...[_3_] Jimbo ...[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a law gainst this?

I have been signed up TWICE ....is this a record ?

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Actually no, as being blind there is no shiny button, only a yes and no
thanks. However I think randomly customers are placed on the free month
offer. Its much like in the old days of Tandy, you had a leaflet in your
bag saying we are giving you so many free batteries for some months, but
if you wanted to retain these extras, you had to get their card,. That was
an auto opt out though, and as such OK, Amazon make you opt out and after
25th may if I read the law right, they will have to auto cancel after a
month or whatever free period, and they don't like that idea at all!
Luckily as I say the audio for the buttons is pretty obvious and not
confusing neither is the state of checkboxes on the items that have a
special prime price, if you select one you also get prime membership.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"David" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 09:16:52 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Amazon signed me up without my say so for 'Prime' and if I had not
taken prompt action it would have cost me £75 a year.

I think you will find that you accidentally clicked on the shiny "yes"
button instead of the discreetly positioned "no thanks" button at some
point.

Very easy to do. The site is designed that way.

Cheers

Dave R

---