Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ridge tile problem

In article ,
Bill Wright writes:
On 20/04/2018 15:38, Pinnerite wrote:

Without clambering up on the roof (I'm too old to that these days) it is
hard for me to be accurate about the size but from the fragments I would
say the sloping sides were something over 6 inches but the width of the top
I cannot say because the fragments do not match up.

Ask around for recommendations for a local builder or roofer. Such
things as sourcing particular tiles are nothing to them.

Another option, walk around your local area and you will surely find
a house somewhere having a new roof. Ask that roofer, providing they
look like they know what they're doing.

A neighbour of a friend in North London had a similar experience to
yours - paid 5 grand to someone who came to the door saying his ridge
tiles needed fixing. All they did was go up on the roof, take them all
off and pile them up at one end ready to fall off, and then scarper
with the 5 grand. The poor chap was terminally ill with cancer, and not
well off. My friend helped him find a proper roofer and it was fixed,
but only a few weeks before the bloke died. Just the sort of hassle
he didn't need at that time.

--
Andrew Gabriel