Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ridge tile problem

Brian Gaff explained on 21/04/2018 :
Why on earth did you let anyone onto your roof!

I hope you took a picture of them and will give it to the cops.
Whether they were scammers or not, most things that are working should not be
disturbed. Old roves particularly.
I'd get a bona fide builder in to fix it and then see if you can chase down
the nutters.

Chances of finding them - nil, chances of getting money back - nil and
it would be very risky to tackle them yourself. No point even taking
registration numbers, their vehicle will have no tax, no insurance and
no MOT. They will be itinerants going door to door doing this sort of
thing.

We get them quite regularly, saying the roof needs work, wanting to
resurface the drive with some left over tarmac they happen to have from
a resurfacing contract, then the carpet sellers with left over material
from a hotel contract. Others wanting to know if I want to sell my
caravan.

The dogs prevent them coming in the gate, I send them on their way.