Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_9_] Gerry[_9_] is offline

Default What did you do with an arbor press?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 13:30:39 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 07:05:45 -0700
Larry Jaques wrote:

snip
I just dug up SEVENTY oak trees yesterday from my garden. I'd like to
know his technique, if you please, Bob. Acorns don't bury themselves
several inches deep.

Birds stash them like that too...

Neighbour across the street has a horse chessnut tree in the back
yard. every October I sit on my front porch and watch the proccession
along the top of his fence, across the lawn, up his street side maple
and down mine then across my lawn and down my driveway to expand the
orchard throughout the neighbourhood. Most of the hulls are removed at
the base of either of the maples. I have one of the trees about ten
feet tall in my back yard where I transplanted it several years ago to
replace a flowering crab apple tree that produced inedible apples
about a half inch in diameter. At least the sqirrels get some benefit
from the horse chessnuts and the hulls are no worse to clean up than
the damned little hard apples.