Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Ridge tile problem

On 20/04/2018 15:38, Pinnerite wrote:
Three scammers offered to re-mortar the edges of my roof tiles for a
reasonable sum.

While they were up there they lifted a ridge tile claiming the whole lot
were now loose and for a large sum would be prepared to redo them.
I declined, paid what had been agreed an they left.

Later I found the remains of what looks like the lifted tile. We now have a
bucket beneath a gaping whole in our roof.

Please report it to the police (you could mention criminal damage).
While I can't see that doing anything to help you, with luck it'll be
logged and may help push the buggers up the agenda for action - if only
a quiet word if they are seen in the area.

--
Robin