Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default dangerous advice?

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 03:13:48 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 19:51:54 +0100
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

To measure the potential difference you have to apply a load.

When you apply a load, the line becomes live or dead.

If you don't apply a load the line is already live or dead.

Now my mate Erwin has an iffy pussycat,

I considered that aspect and decided it was mostly irrelevant to
domestic wiring issues.

Why? Perfectly valid methinks.

The pussycat has been going since 1935 and still isn't dead, or alive
come to that.

So a bit of twin & earth might not be quite as old, but I'm sure the
same logic can be applied :-)

AB