Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Removing clear, thick sealant

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article 20180419024738.221b6dfe@Mars,
Rob Morley wrote:
The easiest way to soak emulsion is to coat it with a stiffish mix of
wallpaper paste. It scrapes off pretty easily after an hour or so.

As I discovered to my cost when several coats of emulsion failed to
cover some marks on a ceiling, and I decided to paper it instead ...

I've papered over emulsioned walls without problems.

In only needed to remove a load of emulsion because half of it had
fallen off the last time the paper was removed. It was too patchy to
try to fill, and I'm no skimmer :-) I tried painting over it, which
made it worse; and then papering over it, which didn't help, either.
Fed up, I decided to strip it all, which took ages, but which felt great
when it was finished.