Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dangerous advice?

On 17/04/18 12:14, newshound wrote:
On a more philosophical point, I think it is fair to say that most of
"our" generation treats all traditional "advertising" as damned lies.

What I'd be interested to know is to what extent the snowflake
generation apply the same skepticism to anything on-line. A lot of
people seem to be quick to cry "Photoshop", but I worry whether the
percentage is high enough.

I guess you are never going to stop more suggestible individuals from
getting drawn into the self-reinforcing stuff, be it islamic
radicalisation or something on the opposite wing. Which poses *really*
interesting and difficult questions of internet regulation.

Anyway, I'm calling for cynics and skeptics to unite under the 1660
motto of the Royal Society, "Nullius in verba"!

(For those without the benefit of a classical education, "Take nobody's
word for it").

After careful consideration I now consider that 95% of what you read or
hear on the media and the internet is more or less total rubbish

The other 5% IS total rubbish.

The first question you ask is 'who paid this person to write this'

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."