Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Craftsman Pop Rivet gun?`

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:04:55 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
Lawrence Glickman wrote:

Pop rivets are The Bomb.

Why hydraulic? I've used manual models and pneumatic, but hydraulic seems
like overkill for any pop rivet I've run into. Even with rivnuts, I've only
used manual tools. I've used Greenlee hydraulic tools for chassis punches,
but pulling a 3 1/4" punch through a panel is a little more work.

I have some stainless pop rivets I bought for some reason. They are a bit bigger than the usual 1/8 inch aluminium rivets. They might be 3/16th dia. I do not have a hydraulic puller, and managed to use the stainless pop rivets anyway. But a hydraulic puller would be nice if one was using very many.

Dan