Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Rippig BD DVD

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 18:37:27 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

As I mentioned elsewhere, if there is a 'bigger picture' with these
BD's I'd like to get it and then there might be less poke-and-hope.

Previously I'd only used makeMKV for ripping BDs, perhaps I took
handbrake's claim to be unable to rip protected content at face value?

Seeing that handbrake has a new v1.1 out, I've just installed it for a
look, once all the gstreamer/aacs libraries and aacs keydb were in
place, it was easy enough to start a BD-DVD res copy,

That sounds like a nice feature.

the inbuilt
preview looks like it would help with chapter/track selection.

If it has sound, agreed. I generally used the default settings and
seem to only now have just the film and the English stereo soundtrack.

I've left all the selections at default (apart from turning off
subtitles which looked like it was going to require a second pass of the
whole disc) and will see how it gets on ...

Look forward to the results. ;-)

The only gotcha might be my reading of 'it depends what order the
audio tracks come up' as to which one you get. Working on the basis
track 1 *wasn't* what I wanted (as seen by Handbrake), I went for
another one.

Cheers, T i m